I'll be heading into surgery tomorrow, assuming my platelet levels are up around 20-30,000. They're treating me with intravenous immunoglobulin to spike the levels. This only lasts for a few days, but is supposed to get my level up to a level where it is supposed to operate. If I'm still low, they will give me a platelet transfusion before surgery just to make sure. In order to get a good amount of platlets, I need many blood donors, and so I have asked basically everyone in the study abroad program and all of the friends I have made in Valdivia to come and donate blood for me. Dad went out and got cookies and juice for everyone, and they should all be coming in today to donate. In addition, I get to start all kinds of fun pre-surgery treatment today like something to completely flush out my bowel, since it is close to the spleen. Hopefully that won't coincide with 20 friends arriving.
Big thanks in advance to everyone who comes by today. I can't wait to get out of here. Some more photos from the hospital:
¡El gringo vampiro!
Vistas de habitación 126. Luz al amanacer.
No comments:
Post a Comment